You can use this website to find some information:
1. You may use the Vaughn Library or any other reputable online sources as you conduct your research for facts when completing this assignment.
2. Examine the following twelve (12) countries. Choose (3) countries to research. You will be researching for alcoholism or drug addiction statistics as well as any other accompanying facts that might be related. Choose from these countries: USA, Canada, Japan, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany, Ireland and Italy.
3. You will write a two (2) page essay to compare either the alcoholism or drug addiction rates (you may choose one) in your three (3) chosen countries. You are to discuss the different reasons for alcoholism or drug addiction; such as the educational levels of the three (3) countries, what the three (3) chosen countries religious views are, what awareness programs are present, and what attitudes are concerning this assignment.
4. At the end of you essay, you must have a separate paragraph titled Conclusion. You are to imagine yourself as a counselor or social worker (in each of your three (3) countries) and come up with ideas and initiatives as to how to deal with alcoholism or drug addiction, along with how to effectively treat the problem of addiction.
5. From the data found, you will need to create two bar charts. The first should compare the total populations of the three (3) countries chosen. The second should compare the rates of alcoholism or drug addiction in the same three countries. In the chart comparing alcoholism or drug addiction, you MUST use percentages in order to indicate comparison. If you do not find data already in percentages, you will take the number of people addicted in each country, divided by the total number of people, multiplied by 100. PLEASE USE PERCENTAGES FOR THE DATA REPORTING.
6. The final page should be a Reference page. The total assignment should be four (4) pages in length.
7. Make sure you double space the paper, using one (1) inch margins and a twelve (12) point font. Also, use spell check and grammar check or use the Pearson Writing software to check your paper before turning it in.
8. DO NOT copy and paste in this paper. Use your own words. If you want to quote a small portion, you may do so, but be sure to reference this on the Reference page.
How to Create a Bar Chart
1. You must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer.
2. Create a New document, then click on "Insert" (3rd tab from the left).
3. Click on "Chart" . This will give you several options. Click on "Bar" and use the first chart sample on the left.
4. You will then enter the population data that you gathered on the left side of the excel spreadsheet, along with the numbers that go with each variable.
5. Name your bar chart at the top.
6. You can also use Excel or Google Sheets to create your bar chart.
How to Submit and Assignment in Canvas
1. In order to upload a document, make sure you save your Alcoholism or Drug Addiction Essay document and your bar chart onto your Desktop. Your name must be on your document.
2. Click on "Submit Assignment" in order to attach your paper.
3. You will be prompted to "Choose File".
4. Find your file, click on the button that will transfer your file into Canvas.
5. Click "Submit Assignment" a second time and the attachment process is complete.
Goals for this Essay
1. Critical Thinking 1- Generate and communicate ideas by combining, changing, or reapplying existing information.
2. Communication Skills 1- Develop. interpret, and express ideas through written communication.
3. Empirical and Quantitative Skills 2- Manipulate and analyze observable facts and arrived at an informed conclusion.
4. Social Responsibility-Engage in regional, national, and global communities.
Go to Subject Guides from the main library page and choose the Psychology guide, then follow these steps:
-> Web Resources (tab)
-> Global Health Observatory Data Repository
-> By country
-> [pick country]
-> Country Profiles
-> Alcohol (under Substance use…)
Use PDF for statistical information